A few things in the (mental) pipeline:
- Flesh out a mechanic describing charges as an attack on morale.
- Tweak the firearms a little, addressing a few concerns and expanding how they interact with other D&D staples like magic.
- Start developing some expansions to the combat system, namely a uinified mechanic to resolve special attacks (like disarms or trips) and adding some characteristics to weapons (like the Armor Penetration mentioned for firearms).
- Expand the non-weapon proficiencies from standard AD&D/LL, adding concrete effects and expanding the selections available.
- Go back and clean up the race posts and start going through the rule book section by section again.